Girl’s C.E.O.Connection Wants an Awesome Book Cover Designed by a Young Female Artist
The Girl’s C.E.O. Connection (Girl’s Creating Enterprising Organizations) is sponsoring a contest for an awesome front cover for the forthcoming book, Realizing a Vision, Your Toolkit for Success. Words of Wisdom From Successful Female Entrepreneurs. The prize is $350.
Females between the ages of 15 and 20,residents of the U.S.A. and enrolled in high school or college in the U.S.A. High school students may homeschooled. College students may be enrolled in a community college or technical school. Entrants who have a small business selling silk-screened t-shirts or other merchandise with their own visual designs are eligible. Entrants cannot be currently employed with a commercial business and compensated for their designs. It is highly suggested entrants review our social media sites to get an idea of the vision and mission of the organization.
- Target readers: Females between the ages of 15 and 19. They may currently have a small business or have plans to do so.
- Specifics on the book: Rectangle “91/2 “ by “71/2”. It will be spiral bound rather than with a spine
- Clean and compelling design. It can be an illustration, graphic appearance or interesting use of typography. No photographs or any visual that looks like a photograph will qualify.
- The title of the book needs to be the largest and clearest part of the cover design.
- Use only 2 fonts, serif and sans serif. Do not go lower than 9 pt.
- The cover colors can be of the designer’s choosing or taken from the logo shown above.
- The Girl’s C.E.O. Connection logo does not need to be on the cover. We will be using it on the inside the book and on the back cover.
The cover will be shown on the Girl’s C.E.O. Connection new website and all our social media. The designer will be acknowledged in the book as well as social media. The winner’s name will be announced press releases submitted to local media in the winner’s hometown along with regional and national outlets. The winning design becomes the property of Girl’s C.E.O. Connection and copyrighted as such.
The winning design may be used by the designer for her portfolio upon written permission of an authorized representative of the Girl’s C.E.O. Connection.
The contest opens for entries on June 21, 2016 and closes July 31, 2016. Entries must be received by 11:59 pm MT on July 31, 2016. For your entry to qualify for consideration, you must meet the following requirements: Complete the official entry form and upload at least one image with your entry. File type options: PDF, JPEG, PNG. Submit entry to GCEOBook@girlsceoconnection.com
Judges are prohibited to enter the contest. All decisions by judges will be final.
If you have any questions at all please send an email to email@example.com
Cheers–we’re looking forward to the entries.
Sylvia Scott, co-author forthcoming book: Realizing a Vision, Your Toolkit for Success. Words of Wisdom for Young Female Entrepreneurs